Thursday, January 5, 2012

Description

>>>>>>NEW DESCRIPTION<<<<<<<

Surgery.

Well hello viewers/soon to be surgery goers.
My name is Kristy and I'm going to be having Foot surgery for the Second time.

The first time I had surgery was June 8th 2011 and I got three surgeries done on my RIGHT foot.
.Bunionectomy
.Calceanal Osteotomy
.Kidner Procedure

So as you can see I've already gotten the Calceanal Osteotomy on one of my feet. I'm currently at the 6th month mark and going strong! I mean I still limp and wake up sore but I've regained I'd say about 70-80% of where I was before the surgery, depending on the day. Obviously my right foot is working out as planned! It was rough and I did post about it on my Personal blog. So if you are ever interested to know how it went feel free to ask me about those posts other wise i'll be updating for the Left foot on here as I experience it.

Why am I doing this? because Being someone who has to experience this not only once but twice. I've noticed how extremely hard it is to find Information about what to expect and how to react to the surgery online. So this is me trying to do the world a solid by sharing with you my experience. 

Just for Curious readers her is my Right Foot before and after to the 6th Month mark:

Don't mind the swollen part of my foot on the right side. It looks better
Some days then others! and I'll be sure to update as the months
go on.

And here is the X-rays from before and After it's pretty amazing:

This is probably my favorite picture yet!




LEFT FOOT:

Alright so here is what this blog is going to be about.

I'm going to be getting surgery January 9th 2012. I'm starting this blog 3 days before my surgery to give anyone who is reading a heads up!

The surgeries I"ll be recieving on this foot are:

.Bunionectomy
.Calceanal Osteotomy

Here Is my before picture. woohoo.


Yes FANTASTIC right? only two surgeries this time! (laugh.out.loud) I know most of you who are reading may not even have to get a bunionectomy but for me i'm really EXCITED not to have to have the Kidner Procedure this time. I also am grateful that my Achilles Tendon is in great shape so I do not need that either. My heart really goes out to those you have to get that worked on plus the Calceanal Osteotomy. 

So as of right now That's what is shacking up in my world! I'd be glad to answer anyones questions or concerns! I'm going to have PLENTY of experience after this second surgery! To be honest I'm really really excited to get my left foot done so I can finally start progressing to being a well functioning human being again! 

Here are  a couple links from my other blog about what I had done on my right foot. 

(this one has the subtalar implant on here instead of the Calceanal Osteotomy but I had to change surgeries 
For insurance Reasons)

(Here is the UPDATED post explaining the Calceanal Osteotomy)

Thanking you for reading!

always,

Kristy The Foot Gal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy, I have the exact same foot problems like yours on my both of my foot. I have bunions and accessory navicular. I feel pain on both of my foot since I was little but not knowing why. May I know to which doctor did you undergo the surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of course would you mind emailing me directly? kedgerton11@gmail.com

      Delete