Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 43- Doctors Update/Tears

Today was a sad day in the Foot.Gals.Heart. Saturday my calcaneal incision started leaking.. so we put a band-aid on it.

the next day i took it off and it looked worse so my mom told me to try drying it out. Started looking better by Monday.. I was excited/scared and worried about being able to walk. It seems unsure of how it will turn out. On one note you want to be able to dance and jump for joy because your body will finally get what it wants. Walking.. Walking is a work out. walking is an ease.. walking is life. However, after spending so much time on the couch and with my thoughts.. It's hard to get started on life...

Then... it's even worse to get it ripped away... I went to the doctors knowing I would walk because he told me that was going to happen. then.. he saw this..


If you enlarge it.. you'll see even more.. grows yes?.. Yes... then the doctor just started mumbling while looking at it "six weeks..." which isn't a good sign sense my Bunion incision is completely and 100% healed.. meaning new skin and ready to get tanned. but this one obviously isn't even close..  INFECTED... which meant him Cutting that grossness out and putting cleaning stuff on it and a band-aid.. then telling us to change it every day for a week and to come back to see him then also he put me on antibiotics. his reaction freaked me out so much my husband was the one to remember to bring up walking... then the doctor said "You shouldn't walk." my heart sank I almost cried there and then... ALong with this he mentioned that if the infection doesn't go away and get any deeper I will have to have surgery to take the plate out.. and that the bone is healed enough that we could do so...

so what does this mean?... No walking.. No walking today.. Possibly no walking in a week... and even worse if I get surgery No walking for a another few weeks.. I'm heart broken.

Now i've had some time to think things and i'm still heart broken.. However, the pain is causing me not to want to walk so much right now... it hurts soo much... up my leg... my pinky toe... I hope for anyone who gets this that they don't have to endure this but if you do you will now know what to expect.

I really do hope that if not anything you readers are gaining from this. That I am helping you. I know haven't posted anything in about a week and a half but honestly until saturday there wasn't anything new to write about. The bending of the toe was going well it gets stiff but it's worth the bending I promise. Other than that My foot was feeling good I was ready to walk. I wasn't too scared. I promise to update whenever I feel you need to hear about something. Or if anyone emails and asks... For now I'm back on two lortab.. and it's not strong enough... the pain really hurts... and I can not sleep. I'll take a photo when we change the band-aid tomorrow so you can see how they cut it out. hopefully it still looks like that. also he did take a swab of it to see how infected it is.


Plus note I got this adorable bear ring today.. I really love it.


That's all I have. any questions or request for a post just contact kristy.kong11@gmail.com

Kristy.The.Sad.Foot.Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment