Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 29--Heat rash

Heat rash...

Terrible terrible terrible good for nothing Heat Rash. I've been having issues with my calf getting a heat rash... I'm not sure how common of an issue this is when you wear a boot because I did not have any issues during my last surgery. Maybe, it has something to do with using a heater? or heated blanket? I'm pretty not sure all i know is that a heat rash is caused but your leg being hot and sweating. All you can really do is get powder for it and or take baths where you put baking soda in it. You supposedly treat it light a sun burn. I've put ice on it. the powder seems to work better though and so do the baths. The best thing is to take it out the boot often. Make sure you doctor is okay with that though! at this point my doctor said it's fine to have it out of the boot other than when i'm up on the crutches.

Also here is a video of me bending my toe. It's not real easy to show but all you do is try to bend the joint as far as you can and hold it there. I try to explain in the video. (from tuesday)


And here is a video from today with me bending my toe after the therapy. Just shows how it helps. It also hurts hah.






Kristy.The.Foot.Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment