Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nonunion Week 17 | Weight-loss & Why It's So Important

Hello viewers & welcome any new arrivals to my blog!

I hope you all enjoy the new look! I spent a whole day learning some tricks in photoshop (which I've never used) and trying new layout formats just to make it more appealing! I also changed the top title to "TheFootGal" instead of "undergoing a Calcaneal Osteotomy." Mostly because I am no longer JUST undergoing a calcaneal osteotomy so it doesn't quite fit for my new posts. Also because my blog is changing as I change and I want to welcome all walks of life! SO, HELLO! Welcome, I hope you do enjoy!

Today I wanted to talk about weight loss. It's something that I believe every human being wants at one point or another in their life and when they realize that desire they feel like they will not reach it or that they will have to put a ton of extra work into it. Well, I'm here to tell you it can be easier than that. I don't mean "diets" the "simple answer" no. It will be hard to LEARN how to eat healthy. But once you've learned it your body will know the difference and it will start being hard to go back to the "bad foods" you used to eat. Let's start off by showing you a before and after picture. I apologize I put the after picture on the wrong side! But you get the general idea! Also these are only three days apart when it comes to months so one is from Sep 9th 2012 and the new one was taken Sep 11th 2013! which I thought was fun!

Sep. 11th 2013                                 Sep. 9 2012

Sep. 11th 2013                                 Sep. 9 2012
Wowowowow. It even shocks me honestly! Because when you lose weight the healthy way then it's a much slower process and you don't lose weight so dramatically. However, because of that it is much easier to maintain the body you create! Yes, I do say create. This body, I made. I took the time to study and learn what my body needs and how my body needs it. Which even with all the websites and all the people telling you they lost weight from counting calories. We are all different people and we all have different bodies that crave and desire different things! For example.. I hate avocados. Hate them. I don't care if they are good for me I will not pick that up and eat it. I wont. I would sooner eat a whole bag of chips then pick up one avocado. Another example is when I first started counting calories I tried to fill in my "hunger" periods or "snack" periods with bowls and bowls of carrots. ughh. Don't do that to yourself.

This world has MANY different plants and foods to choose from. Choose something you like and stick with it! Or choose 100 things you like and stick with that! Don't force yourself to eat what someone, sometime once said. Trust me, it won't work. You'll quit. I almost did. Then I just said "F*** carrots" I don't think I've had more then 5 carrots in the last 6 months.. well I actually enjoy carrot juice but not just bowls of carrots! 

So some simple tips I can give you! 

  1. Use this Calorie Counter
    • I say use this calorie counter because it gives you a different number then most magazines/blogs/websites/trainers will give you! As a woman they general tell you 1200 a day. This website told me 1534 a day and that was with 0 working out! Also that was just "fat loss" and not "extreme fat loss." I never went lower then 1534 either! Look at my progress! So do this website and I suggest you start at the higher number even if you want to go down! Because no matter what you will need to adjust to the change.
  2. Realize what fuels you.
    • Find the combination you like. What I mean by this is.. for example I enjoy breakfast. LOVE IT. I could probably eat some type of breakfast food for every meal if I could. However, I dislike lunch.. and enjoy a BIG dinner! So I had to adjust what I ate at each meal to fit the calories now I eat around 500 for breakfast and 200-300 for lunch and then I have plenty of calories for a snack and a goood dinner! 
    • One of my favorite breakfast!
       Pear Cinnamon  Oatmeal
    • Also along with this CUT OUT SODA and high fructose corn syrup. Trust me. By doing those two things you stop craving ANYTHING that shares those qualities. Real sugar is a lot harder to get addicted to! 
  3. Don't weigh yourself
    • This one is my biggest suggestion. I didn't way myself. Infact I've only been weighed twice this year. Once at my annual OBGYN visit and  second when I went in for surgery! I weighed 135 pounds then!! wooooo. I was like "please don't die you are finally healthy!" It helps to SEE your body changing because you may put on muscle and that weighs more then fat.
  4. Drink Water
    • If you don't know why this is good for you then.. you are in denial! Water has been here for all animals and plants and the earth in general to FUEL us. Without water we are nothing. So drink it. Feed it to your body! Soon enough it will become easy!
  5. Enjoy the ride

I didn't do it any other way. I realized portion sizes once I started cutting the calories back and now  my body gets hungry and full when it should. Once I got surgery I realized all crazy benefits. A few are I am so much lighter. so lifting myself up on my arms and caring my body on crutches has become so much easier! Then not to mention how flexible I'm becoming. I can move around a lot easier and it helps my body feel good through out the day! I have ENERGY. Past surgeries I would be so worn out day after day after day. I can say I've hardly been worn out! Not after the first week! It's been a breeze.

Another thing. Once I started taking the pounds off my feet didn't hurt quite as bad! I have talked to multiple people at this point that have told me they have had some serious health problems with their feet or their knees that losing weight has made go away completely! Think of the wear and tear just carrying those pounds around on your body. I'm here to tell you that it makes a HUGE difference. I've experienced both sides. 

All these are on my pinterest!
Healthy ThanksGiving!
As always I'm here cheering you on if you need it! I have all my information on the right side of this blog now. Email, Instagram, Google plus, and you can always comment and I'll reply! 

Until next time,


TheFootGal

P.S. Here is some of my Pinterest Boards that I put some of the information I used. However, a lot of it I didn't but it could still be helpful to look through. Feel free to follow me :) I still add to them! 









No comments:

Post a Comment