Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nonunion week 6| Surgery date Set.

Yesterday I stayed at an old friend of my moms house so that me, my sister and her husband could all go to a beach near by! When I woke up I got a phone call from the doctors office to set up the appointment for surgery. My doctor has conferences next month (July) so he's all booked for that month. so my date is, dun.dun.dun :

AUGUST 9th 2013


6 weeks from now.. I'm jobless and haven't done anything substantial for 3 weeks already and I've been trying to rack my brain of what to do these next 6 weeks. Is that long enough to find a sit down job that will give me the time off I'll need? Should I focus on getting back into school for the spring? Should I just try and enjoy my time until then? What should I do if I get stir crazy? etc. 

I'm really not sure. I don't know how long I'll be non weight baring.. I know i'll be in a hard cast at first but because of my past healing troubles he made it sound like I could be non weight bearing for Months. Doesn't really give me a chance to feel like a reliable worker.. How do you do this? What do handicapped people do for work? will I have to be that person. The one that gets help from the state/government. The kind of person people belittle? I didn't choose this. I'd love to hand it over to someone else. Just to be able to say "THE HELL WITH IT." I just am so unsure. Will someone except that I"m on crutches but I have a strong desire to work and be needed? I would. If I were the boss. I'd find something they could do. I"m to the point where I hope that maybe I can just volunteer somewhere and do filing work. JUST to have something to do. Something that makes me feel like a normal person. Something that allows me to interact with people. Just something.

Going to the beach was fun. I got in the water once for a good 15 minutes and wave Jumped. First time my mind had been free of the stress in years. The down side is I'm now stuck on a couch for at least two days icing my ankles. The pain is so bad. So bad. 

My Reality
It's rough.. My level of activity was probably 1/3 of what my sister and her husbands was and now I'll be on the couch. It's hard to keep pushing. I loved wave jumping but right now I don't feel like it was worth it... Which, Sucks balls. It just does.

The other thing I"m extremely worried about right now is the fact that this amazing doctor I've picked to work on me is 1 hour away.. which makes a trip there about 3 hours. Having a husband in graduate school and not being able to drive is going to cause a lot of conflict. Not to mention the fact that neither of our families are here.. What to do about that? I'm not sure. 

I'd love to do a Q & A for my next blog/Vlog so any questions you have had about this or about me as a person, then this is your chance! Ask me anything :) 

Kristy.The.Foot.Gal


No comments:

Post a Comment